Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oh Baby!

Hello all! Well, this has taken me a week to post this, life has just been busy. But, if we haven't told you, we are now announcing that a new arrival to the Boss family is on it's way! Yep, we're pregnant! Well, I am pregnant, Braden is the expecting Dad! :)

I found out the day before Valentines Day. I got up before Braden to shower and get ready for work. I prayed so hard as I was waiting for the pregnancy test that it would be positive. Instantaneously it said it was, but I didn't want to get my hopes up - I feared it would fail on me. After it stayed positive for about 20 seconds the tears came. I was so happy, I couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop crying, luckily I had the shower time to regain my composure. I wasn't sure how I wanted to tell Braden. I thought I would wait until that night and do something cute and special - or maybe even on Valentines Day, but I was so happy - I decided I wanted him to enjoy the day as I did, knowing he would be a Dad. Those are hard words talking about "your baby" or "Mom/Dad" when that hasn't ever come out of your mouth before. We always pray before Braden goes to work, and it was my turn. I wanted to say something in the prayer but the words wouldn't come. So I ended my prayer and kicked myself afterwards. He gathered up his things and was going to the door when I said, wait! I forgot to pray about something. I prayed about a few things and at the end I prayed that Heavenly Father would bless our baby. I ended it and Braden was looking at me funny. He was like, "Are you serious?" And I said yes, showed him the proof and he was so excited. But he couldn't get as excited as he wanted to because we have neighbors that live above us. It was the best morning though! :)

We were going to wait to tell our parents and friends until about a month ago, but a month into my pregnancy I started getting sick and I didn't know WHAT I was doing. So, we told them early so we could get help and advice and they were all so happy and excited for us. It was Braden's idea to give them cards with a baby on the front - in my parents it said "Think about it!" - My Dad just looked at the front of the card and looked at us and said, Really? We then told him to open it. He got it right away. My mom was super excited and Andrew was like, "That is SO COOL! - I'm going to be an Uncle!" For Braden's parents, we wrote inside the card, "We figured out what to do and it worked!" :) It took a while for Braden's family because they didn't open the card until after dinner and we gave it to them for the third time, after reading it it still didn't sink in and so we had to tell them - it was awesome! :) In their defense we were playing a game and were really into it, so it wasn't their fault. :) We told our grandparents that next day and thought we'd keep it to just family because it was still early.

Well, last week on Wednesday we heard the heartbeat. Braden was there and it was truly an amazing and spiritual experience. It was really fast and was more like "swooshing" sounds but it was there, and it even moved while we were listening and the midwife had to find it again, she said that they do that - they move a lot. There is a little person inside of me and even though I am still experiencing the sick side of it, it is wonderful. Hearing the heartbeat was I think the first real evidence for Braden that this was all really real and that his baby was real. He was SO happy, and I know he is so excited to be a Dad, as I am to be a Mom.

Our baby is due on October 20th. I came a month early and Braden was born with 6 toes on his right foot - so we'll see what surprises this little one gives us! :) We will keep you updated and post pictures as they come. We love you all! Take care!

10 comments:

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Congratulations Guys! That is an awesome story and testimony. Were way stoked for both of you.
Brant

Anonymous said...

Oh Baby!!! We just read your blog and loved how you explained everything. This is an exciting time - you both have so much to look forward to. What a great idea to post a countdown 'til the baby comes - only 194 more days to go! We can hardly wait!
Love yas!
Mom & Dad R.

Emma said...

Congrats you guys that is so cool! I hope the morning sickness passes quick that is the worst! Anyways good luck with everything.

Natalie said...

Uh . . . Congratulations!! That's very exciting. I'm very happy for you!

KColton said...

I love this post! It was so sweet how you told Braden in a prayer :_) You are going to make wonderful parents! Congratulations!

Bobbi Lee said...

Congratulations! That is so great! There is nothing in the world like being a parent! Enjoy everything, even the sickness, 'cuz it passes by way to fast!

Becca said...

Yay! I'm SO excited for you guys- you'll be amazing parents!

Amber said...

oh I am soo excited.... i'm so excited... I am planning these fantastic things for the little tyke! :)

Tom and Carol said...

We are So So Happy for you both. Your going to make wonderful parents. Along with those awesome grandparents, great grands, aunts and uncles your little one is going to be so blessed to have those wonderful examples to follow.
Much love,
U.Tom & A.Carol

Mindee said...

You two are so stinking cute! I can't wait to hear your updates on your upcoming addition. You know you'll always have available playdates with us ;) Love you!!