Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mother's Day

This is a little late, but I took these pictures and wanted to blog about my first "Mother's Day," or well - partial Mother's Day! I didn't expect to get anything, but Saturday night I came home to the following on my dresser! :) I have a great husband!! :)







Then on Sunday I got a card from my parents...



Inside it says:

"There's a miracle happening in your heart. Beyond the excitement and anticipation, already there's a love between you and your child that's unlike any other love.

It's a love that will be your forever. And there are so many mor miracles yet to come. Happy Mother's Day to a Soon-to-be Mom.

and braden's parents gave me one too..



What a grand calling it is to be a woman - and at that a Mother. We are all mothers to our own children and every child we come in contact with. Sherri Dew said,

"As mothers in Israel, we are the Lord’s secret weapon. Our influence comes from a divine endowment that has been in place from the beginning. In the premortal world, when our Father described our role, I wonder if we didn’t stand in wide-eyed wonder that He would bless us with a sacred trust so central to His plan and that He would endow us with gifts so vital to the loving and leading of His children. I wonder if we shouted for joy at least in part because of the ennobling stature He gave us in His kingdom. The world won’t tell you that, but the Spirit will."

Happy late Mother's Day to all women!

1 comment:

KColton said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!