Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Grandma Andersen

My grandma is staying in Orem Rehab and Nursing. She is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's but is still always happy and laughs and says some of her good old sayings on good days. I get to go see her about once a week. The last move was hard. She used to be up by my mom in an Assisted Living place but she has gotten too advanced now and is now in Orem. But we go see her as much as possible. I think most of the days I have gone to see her she's had good days. She is usually in bed when we get there but the aids are great to get her in her wheelchair so we can sit in the dining room or go for a walk in the courtyard. It is fun to see her with Arrie. Arrie gives her "loves" and somehow knows she is grandma. Grandma talks (makes sounds) different with Arrie than with us. You can tell she knows she is "talking" with a baby. Below are clips from a couple of weeks ago...it was a really really good day. Grandma was smiling so much and made sense a couple of times. I caught her on video with mom, mom didn't know I was filming - it was just so sweet I had to capture it. Then we got her on video with Arrie. She turns 90 this October, I can't believe she is still with us. My grandpa passed away 9 years ago. Well, this is my grandma - we love her so much!




1 comment:

Denise Allen said...

Jenni - This is great! It certainly was a good day for Grandma...and you. I am glad you are able to visit her more often. I look forward to more posts and pictures! Thanks for sharing.....

:o)

Love you!
Denise