Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What a night!



So Arrie had a really rough night last night. She had diarrhea yesterday but seemed to be doing ok by bed time. We had been easing whole milk into her bottles and so I thought MAYBE that was causing an upset stomach...or MAYBE it was because of her 3rd tooth that just came in...or maybe she just caught a bug. But anyways, she was fine around bedtime. Well, about midnight she woke up. I went into her room and it smelled SO bad. Poor girl had really bad diarrhea. Braden and I changed her clothes and sheets and got her another bottle and she went back to sleep. About 1/2 hour after that she woke up again. I went in and she had thrown up all over herself and her bed. So, I changed her into her 3rd pair of pajamas and cleaned her up the best I could with wipes and tried to rock her to sleep. I did so with her being very cuddly (that was one good side to the whole night). I didn't have the energy to change the sheets again, so after she fell asleep I took her into our bed. I was awakened about an hour later by a wet explosion in her diaper! I got up quick and rushed to her room to see the damage. To spare you the details, I had to change her into her 4th pair of pajamas, and her 3rd diaper for the night. We got back into our bed and she slept with us until morning. She stayed in bed with me until about 9:00 very calm and relaxed as I scratched her back and arms and legs - so unlike her to be still that long - and cuddly. She's been pretty slow today and while I folded laundry we had a movie on. She fell asleep just like this picture below just on the floor - she's so tired! She's never done that before. She seems to be doing better, just taking it slow today. Hopefully she can have a good night's sleep and be her busy happy self tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jenny and Phill said...

Poor thing, I hate those nights. Give her lots of fluids, Pedialyte/Gatorade so she doesn't get too dehydrated. Hope she feels better soon!

Amber said...

oh poor baby!! I hope she feels better!!! I just realized I didn't call you back last night! sorry! T called me, and the I got distracted and forgot. sorrry!!

Brittney said...

Sounds like a LONG night. I hope she's back to her normal self soon! Love you guys.

Braden and Jen said...

Thanks everyone. Yep, today she was her busy self again. I have to admit, I miss my cuddly baby from yesterday, but I am SO glad she is doing better. It's hard to know what is wrong with a baby, they can't tell you. Thanks again for your suggestions and wishes! :)