Thursday, October 21, 2010

Arrie is One Year Old

Today is Arrie's official birthday! I can't believe it has been a year. Last night we went to bed and I said to Braden, "A year ago tonight I'd be waking up in a couple of hours wetting my pants! I'm so glad it's not a year ago!" :) I did too - I woke up at 1:00 a.m. last year when my water broke. All day today I have been thinking about all that happened a year ago and the crazy and painful ordeal labor is. However, as the day is almost over now, I can remember the absolutely WONDERFUL parts.

I remember holding Arrie, I couldn't believe she was mine. I remember my parents and Braden's parents and all of our family being so proud and in complete awe of the new addition to our family. I mostly remember the AMAZING impact it had on me and Braden (our little family). We were so happy. I don't think either of us had ever experienced joy like we did then. I remember Braden had to work and film an event that first night with Arrie but he was going to be coming up to the hospital that night to stay the night with us. I went to sleep and Arrie did too :) and I remember Braden coming in. I wish I had that on video, but I can see it in my mind as if it was a video. He was so happy, so excited to be with us, so happy to see his little girl. It was so cool to have our family turn from 2 to 3.

We are still so very happy. We love Arrie so much. She amazes us every day - it is so wonderful to watch her grow. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for Arrie and for Braden. It is truly a miracle that we can participate in the Godly power of creation. We have the opportunity to feel a little of the love for our children that Heavenly Father has for us His children.

Happy Birthday Arrie!!! :)

1 comment:

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Arrie!!!