Monday, October 18, 2010

Grandma Andersen's 90th Birthday

Last Sunday was Grandma Andersen's 90th Birthday! We all went to see her with her all time favorite Wacky Cake! (You can get the recipe below if you want to try it). She is doing so great. We got there just as they were serving dinner so all of the residents and nurses that could have cake got a piece too! Everyone sang Happy Birthday and mom helped Grandma blow out her candle. Grandma had balloons on her wheelchair from Pat and Denny and also us. I don't think anyone didn't know it was her birthday! :) Arrie LOVED the balloons and gave Grandma "loves" - she is very good at that. I have gone to see Grandma once this week since then and she laughs when you give her hugs and I gave her lots of kisses all at once and she said, "Gosh..." and then laughed - it was like I had my Grandma back for a second. Well, enjoy the pics.

No comments: